12/05/2011

Fun with DOTS!!

Today, it's all about DOTS; polka dots.  I love them.  In all forms.  Once they catch your eye, you see them everywhere - falling from the sky (snowflakes are really snowdots when you don't have your glasses on) - tangerines on a lime-green plate - blurry lights on a Christmas Tree (again, better with glasses off).  Buttons are really useful dots.  But, of course, I love fabric dots the most. Like I said, they've been everywhere lately:

The fabric on the right is from a very sweet collection by Holly Holderman (LakeHouse Drygoods).  The flannel fabrics on the left will become a scarf, perhaps with scalloped edges  (half-dots) & yo-yo's (gathered dots) - gives me chills just thinking about it!  The cups came from a local thrift store that a good friend introduced me to - New Horizons

New Horizons recycles everything they can & what isn't fit for sale still goes to GOOD USE!!  And, that kind of completes the circle DOT!  Faith.

P.S.  If you still haven't heard enough about polka dots, see this:  Polka Dot Origin  As for me, I think it's time to get out of the house & go play in the snowdots :)

1 comment:

AnnTom said...

very colourful blog... :) would love to come here again for tips... You are welcome to my blog too...