5/03/2013

Bag Lady

I'm not really a purse lady - I'm kind of a bag lady - there's a big difference!  I've watched the purse-sewing craze from the sidelines over the past few years.  I have quilting friends that LOVE the latest designs, spending hours sewing exquisite works of art disguised as purses.  I've even bought a few purse patterns myself.  But, they tend to be patterns for Bucket Bags or Messenger Bags or even this one - called "The Poacher's Bag" by Charlie's Aunt - Vintage Inspired Sewing Patterns.  You can kind of tell that these are really bags disguised as purses :)  Don't get me wrong, they have lots of style, but function comes first!  And, no frilly stuff!

And, if you can recycle/reuse, that's even better.  One of my favorite books The Perfect Handmade Bag  inspired this one :


 Bag Front:

I splurged at the Pueblo Quilt & Stitch Expo & bought a panel print from the "Sewing Seeds" line by J. Wecker Frisch.  She's a wonderful illustrator & has several fabric lines through Quilting Treasures.

I need to get up to Na-La's Quilt Shoppe to see if they carry any of her other lines of fabric.

 Bag Back:

Found some bright fabrics with orange & green Spools of Thread called Cut & Sew by Robert Kaufman.  Combined with some Moda Solids I've been collecting & bright flower fabrics from First Stitches

Bag Bottom:

My favorite fabrics, though, ended up on the BOTTOM of the bag - big oops!  I forgot I was boxing in the bottom for maximum carrying capacity (quilting stuff, of course) & ended up with just a little of the bright flowers showing!  

 

Oh well, guess I need to make another :)  And, maybe a matching Keychain Clutch from Michelle Patterns.  Tiny and Functional - yaaa!!  Faith.

1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

Increasing the fabric design of your bag is good.
To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/