5/13/2018

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

I remember the sparkle in my mom's eyes every time I made her something - whether it was little or big didn't matter - she loved it all. She cheered me on through my embroidery & crewel work days, as well as my ceramic phase. And, when it didn't work out so great (macaroni art comes to mind), she would rescue the moment with:  "It's the thought that counts & I LOVE it!"  And, so she did. 

She especially cherished this Tree of Life Wall Hanging which she looked at every day. It's from "Big-Block Quilts by Magic" by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. I traced the outline of mom & dad's hands, as well as all of us "kids" on a rare get-together when we were all in the same place at the same time. And, I quilted those hand outlines around the outside border with mom's & dad's hands, thumbs crossed over each other at the top. As I cherish it every day, I remember the sparkle in my mom's loving eyes & life is good. 💕  love, faith.

 


   

No comments: