11/15/2016

Something Old & Something New

America Recycles Day is November 15 - that's today!  
In the "olden" days, it was second nature to "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!" Today, there are lots of great ideas for quilts (& other projects) made from old t-shirts, grandpa's neckties, vintage linens, feed sacks, chenille bedspreads - just about anything you can think of.  Recycled batting is available, as well.  

Instead of recycling old quilting magazines & books, I like to take them to my local library so someone else can enjoy them. There's a rack near the door with all sorts of donated reading items. The other day I picked up some great Harley magazines for my dh!  

But, my favorite indulgence is to browse for chachkies (or, tchotchkies) at a thrift store, find something that was "waiting just for me," & see what it inspires me to make.  Do you ever do that?
Love Notes Pattern-Doodle Time Designs
This little Turkey Candle Holder was just 50 cents & will make a nice table setting for Thanksgiving - which is 9 days from now.  Yikes - you better get stitching!  Here's a little help: the "Thanksgiving Message Boxes" are available FREE on Craftsy!  Enjoy.  With gratitude, faith.


No comments: